Saturday, January 19, 2008

Studying for PSLE (please mark)


I completed my PSLE in 2006. I still can remember the hardship and pressure that I had to go through to do well in my PSLE and go to my draem school Victoria School. Maybe I should take it back.
I did not enjoy my life after the june holidays in 2006. My face was always mugged into a book everytime. I knew how important it was to do well in PSLE. My parents were also emphazing me too and showing my elder sister as an example who did well in her year. Obivously, I wanted to do well than my sister or if not I will lose to a girl. But it was not easy to win her, as her marks were 250!
I studied and revised everyday. I did not stop doing my homework and assessment books. I almost finished 9 of assesment books in just 3 months. I couldn't help stop studying. I decreased amount of time going out with my friends, playing games and going out to exercise. I had only 1 goal in mind, "to do well in my exam". I threw everything else in my mind like buying the latest ipod version or going to watch the latest movie.I concentrated only my studies. I do not like people to over emphazise on what I am doing or suspect me on doing something wrong when actually I wasn't. That is what happened one day while I was studying and my dad just came home from his hefty work place. He being very concerned of me told me to do more assessment books. That made me very pissed and I just cracked down there. I started shouting and yelling at everyone. I did not know what to do. I just sat in my desk. I tried to remmeber what I just did.

Thankfully, my parents did not scold me back. Instead, they took me out to enjoy myself which was relaxing and refreshing. They told me to set a timetable for myself and try to share my opinions with them. I spent my time wisely and carefully. I went out once a week and I played everyday to refresh myself. I found the best time for me to study and able to memorise methods. I am really grateful to my parents who did the right thing at the right time.

All paid off as I got 255 for my PSLE. I knew I could have done better but there was no point crying over the past. I got into Victoria School if not I do not need to write this blog entry right now! Think about the past, Live the present and Nurture the future!

No comments: